WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a file downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and recover information on the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information it contains and the way in which the equipment is used, may be used to recognise the user.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet; they provide countless advantages in the supply of interactive services and facilitate the browsing and usability of our website.
The information provided below will help you to understand the various types of cookie:
According to the entity which manages them:
- Own cookies. These are cookies the editor itself collects to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third party cookies. These are cookies collected and managed by third parties, and may not be considered own cookies.
According to the amount of time they remain active:
- Session cookies. These collect data while the user surfs the net, in order to provide the service requested.
- Persistent cookies. These are stored in the terminal and the information obtained is used by the controller of the cookie in order to provide the service requested.
According to their purpose
- Technical cookies. Cookies necessary in order to navigate correctly in the website.
- Personalisation cookies. Cookies which provide the user with the characteristics (language) for navigating in the website.
- Analysis cookies. Cookies which provide the service provider with an analysis of the user’s browsing habits, in order to monitor use of the website, and also to prepare statistics on the most visited content, number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies. Cookies which allow the editor of the website to include advertising space according to the content of the website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies. Cookies which allow the editor of the website to include advertising space according to the information obtained from the user’s browsing habits.
WHICH COOKIES DOES SAM USE?
Cookie Information Purpose
Cookie Information Purpose How to deactivate it
Google Analytics Statistic Prepare report
of statistic on traffic of site …
EMPRESA DE SERVEIS DEL MUNICIPI DE MANACOR, SA also informs you that you can configure your search engine to inform you of the presence of cookies, and that if you wish you can prevent them being installed in your hard disc.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE COOKIES
You can restrict or block cookies stored in your device by changing the options on your search engine. Instructions for the more common search engines can be found here:
- Firefox, http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-lo…
- Chrome, https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Internet Explorer, http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-int…
- Safari, http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Opera, http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
For other search engines or devices consult the options or assistance given for each application.